Fire extinguisher inspections in Dallas, Fort Worth, and North Texas
In Texas, a portable fire extinguisher that is used in a business environment must be inspected by a licensed technician at least once a year. If it has been more than 12 months since your last fire extinguisher inspection, the tag is expired and the extinguisher is out of compliance. For your safety, and to avoid a citation or a fine from your local fire inspector, contact Richardson Fire Equipment to schedule an annual fire extinguisher inspection.
The licensed fire extinguisher technicians at Richardson Fire Equipment perform annual fire extinguisher inspections in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, and all surrounding cities in North Texas. Our service area is quite broad and includes all cities in the DFW Metroplex, extending to East Texas. For more information, call (972) 699-3473.
What is a fire extinguisher inspection?
While the process can vary depending on the type of portable fire extinguisher being inspected, typically, the following steps are performed during an annual fire extinguisher inspection:
- Exterior of extinguisher is wiped and inspected for damage or corrosion
- Hose is examined for obstructions
- Cylinder dates are checked to determine if an internal inspection or hydrostatic test is due
- Gauges are checked to confirm that the pressure is in the acceptable range. (Note that if a fire extinguisher has been discharged, it must be recharged prior to re-certifying)
- Fire extinguishers that do not have gauges are weighed to determine that the contents are in an acceptable range.
- Pull-pin is removed, examined, and replaced
- New tamper seal with current year is secured to the extinguisher
- New inspection tag, properly punched and signed, is attached to the extinguisher
- Fire extinguisher is placed on its bracket
Scheduling a Service Call for fire extinguisher inspections
For businesses that have several fire extinguishers on their premises, it is usually most convenient to schedule a service call for their annual fire extinguisher inspections. Richardson Fire Equipment will send a licensed fire extinguisher technician to your place of business to inspect your fire extinguishers.
Bringing your fire extinguisher to our Service Center for inspection
You can also bring your fire extinguishers into our Service Center for an annual inspection. For walk-in customers, we can usually perform a fire extinguisher inspection while you wait. Our address is:Richardson Fire Equipment 724 S. Sherman Street Richardson, TX 75081
If your fire extinguisher is due for an internal inspection or hydrostatic test, it may be necessary to leave your extinguisher for service.
For fire extinguisher inspections in Texas, call (972) 699-3473.Contact Us